What's new

Anyone know the music from LOTR: FOTR Trailers? (1 Viewer)

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
It's driving me crazy now! If anyone knows can you please tell so I can sleep easy tonight!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
There's a piece with vocals in it that was used in one of the very first trailers. I've been told it's called "Gothic Power" or something to that effect. I have no clue who wrote and/or performed it.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I guess the instinct to troll doesn't diminish with a higher post count.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Maybe! But I wouldn't classify that as a troll post. If he said who cares, then maybe that could classify as a troll post.

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Craig S, thanks for the link! I knew that was a clip from the Braveheart soundtrack in the LOTR:FOTR trailer! One of my friends commented on this when we went to see FOTR on opening day as well.
Thanks again!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
One more question, does anybody know the album that the song "gothic power" is on?

Thanks

R~

Wanting to buy, but can't find the album

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Tried it..

Did a search for both christoper field and gothic power, no luck! Anybody else have any suggestions.

I have tried,amazon, cdnow, bn, buy, and the above link.

Thanks

R~

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Re: Field's "Gothic Power" - I seem to remember getting the impression that this was custom music written for the first Internet-only LotR trailer (this is the one that appeared just over 2 years ago (!) and featured Peter Jackson & Elijah Wood talking about making the film, along with some behind-the-scenes footage). I couldn't swear to this, however.
I can't find anything about the composer anywhere. If he's a film composer he's not listed at IMDB, Soundtrack.net, or MovieMusic.com. I did find a page for an Austrailian classical vocalist named Christopher Field, but there's no mention there of any composing he might have done.
Now I'm really getting curious about this! Who is this guy, and where did this music come from???

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have been dying to get that music also (ever since I heard it almost two years ago). The most info I could gather is what Craig said: Custom made for the promotional trailer. It sounds like something lifted right out of a classic, doesn't it?
I was hoping it would be in the movie :frowning:
I also love the music from the trailers that aired last fall. Toward the end there is this "eeeeeee... eee eee eeeeeee..." vocal piece (female?).
Oh well...
--
Holadem

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
The music was indeed composed just for the LOTR trailer. There are a lot of film composers in Hollywood who make a very good living scoring TV commercials, movie trailers, etc.... Because they are never credited for these projects, most people are not familiar with their names like the big Hollywood composers. I am sure Christopher Field is one of those guys.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hi all..
So something tells me we might not be able to get our little hands on a copy of the song :frowning:
R~

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
just downloaded it off "grokster". I typed in a search for "gothic power" and got a few results.

Maybe try that way.

Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks