What's new

Anyone know if THE MOODY BLUES will be recording again? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Heard that Ray Thomas has split, and if true, that would not necessarily disable the band, but it would put a crimp in it. I always liked the occasional Thomas vocals. Justin Hayward is certainly the dominant performer, but I would miss Thomas' input, just as I've missed Michael Pinder's since 1980.

RickGr

Second Unit
The did put out a Christmas album without Ray this past year. It is called December and was a nice seasonal effort.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Yes Ray Thomas has left. They probably will record again, but probably not for a while. And I have yet to hear December, because I can't find it anywhwere. Guess I'm gonna have to order it.

On another note: Now that Ray Thomas has left, Graeme Edge is the only band member left to be through all the incarnations of the Moody Blues.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I have heard that on some of their more recent albums (late 80s - early 90s) Thomas had hardly participated, so if this is the case, I guess it would not make too much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks