1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know if THE MOODY BLUES will be recording again?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dick, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Heard that Ray Thomas has split, and if true, that would not necessarily disable the band, but it would put a crimp in it. I always liked the occasional Thomas vocals. Justin Hayward is certainly the dominant performer, but I would miss Thomas' input, just as I've missed Michael Pinder's since 1980.

2. RickGr

RickGr Second Unit

The did put out a Christmas album without Ray this past year. It is called December and was a nice seasonal effort.

3. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Yes Ray Thomas has left. They probably will record again, but probably not for a while. And I have yet to hear December, because I can't find it anywhwere. Guess I'm gonna have to order it.

On another note: Now that Ray Thomas has left, Graeme Edge is the only band member left to be through all the incarnations of the Moody Blues.

4. WillG

WillG Producer

I have heard that on some of their more recent albums (late 80s - early 90s) Thomas had hardly participated, so if this is the case, I guess it would not make too much of a difference.