What's new

Anyone ever shop/buy at a "Computer Liquidation / Expo"? (1 Viewer)

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
I'm in the market for a couple LCD monitors, one being a cheap as I can find 17", the other a halfway decent 20" or bigger.

There is one of those Computer Liquidation / Computer Expos coming to the MN state fairgounds this weekend, and I'm wondering if I would be wasting my time shopping for monitors there. I don't need anything else.

Anyone know off-hand if the prices at these places are appreciably better than places like Newegg or Tiger-Direct? Does the stuff even work when you get it home?

I'd rather not waste half my day (plus addmission and parking) if I don't need to.

Thanks for any input.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
If they charge admission, don't waste your time. Any that I've attended are "oem" software not meant to be sold separately, obsolete hardware and assorted salvage. You're better off with any local or online retailer.

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Personally I wouldn't bother going to the sale. I used to go to them along time ago, but haven't been to one in 2 years. The prices are usually higher then online places (I do all my computer shopping at newegg) and and if you count the 1% fee they charge if you use a credit card, admission, parking, gas etc you are definitely ahead ordering online. Not to mention if you order it from a established place you know you can return it easily.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
Steve,

You might get an even better deal in checking out NewEgg.com or Buy.com than going to those expos...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks