What's new

Anyone ever order replacement Xbox DVD? (1 Viewer)

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
My drive has gotten to the point of being extremently annoying (instead of just an occasional nuisance), so I'm thinking of buying a replacement drive. Anybody ever done that? Know of a good place? I found richspsxparts via a google search... anybody have any experience with them?

I figure if I spend ~$60 now, it'll tide me over until mid next year when I get a 360.

TIA for any info!

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
never ordered a replacement, but it is really easy to swap out the drive, not sure if you've opened up the case or not.

CJ

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My drive started acting up a couple months back. It had worked flawlessly for over two years so I guess I can't complain too much. I cracked open the case just to check things out and it is pretty easy. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm ready to install a new one, but I have this eBay seller in mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Philips-DVD-ROM-...QQcmdZViewItem

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
FYI,

I ended up getting one from RichsPSXParts. It arrived fairly quickly. I installed it in a matter of minutes (about 10), and since, everything has been working fine. No dirty disc problems. No problems with any DVDs. In fact, I may be using it as my primary DVD player now, since my DVP-s7700 has gotten to be quite unreliable lately.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks