1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever order replacement Xbox DVD?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JeffMuller, Dec 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. JeffMuller

JeffMuller Stunt Coordinator

My drive has gotten to the point of being extremently annoying (instead of just an occasional nuisance), so I'm thinking of buying a replacement drive. Anybody ever done that? Know of a good place? I found richspsxparts via a google search... anybody have any experience with them?

I figure if I spend ~$60 now, it'll tide me over until mid next year when I get a 360.

TIA for any info!

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    never ordered a replacement, but it is really easy to swap out the drive, not sure if you've opened up the case or not.

CJ

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    My drive started acting up a couple months back. It had worked flawlessly for over two years so I guess I can't complain too much. I cracked open the case just to check things out and it is pretty easy. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm ready to install a new one, but I have this eBay seller in mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Philips-DVD-ROM-...QQcmdZViewItem

4. Rodney K

Rodney K Agent

I ordered a power switch for my Xbox from these guys and had good luck with them. They have some troubleshooting and repair FAQs and tutorials, too.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/

5. JeffMuller

JeffMuller Stunt Coordinator

FYI,

I ended up getting one from RichsPSXParts. It arrived fairly quickly. I installed it in a matter of minutes (about 10), and since, everything has been working fine. No dirty disc problems. No problems with any DVDs. In fact, I may be using it as my primary DVD player now, since my DVP-s7700 has gotten to be quite unreliable lately.

Jeff