What's new

Anyone Else Sick Of Sensationalized News? (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Scott, it is just a space filler.

I know this might be really painfull for you (it would be for me), but sit down and watch GMA from start to finish, and write down how long everything takes, and what it was - like a lead-in to what they are going to talk about after the commercial, which is just coming up, or an actual news story, or gossip. You'll see the pattern soon enough.

Even sicker, but more precise, would be to use a stopwatch too.

Anyway, you know how long the show will be in advance, but after you chop it up, it gets really funny (ha, ha). Turning the whole show inside out and thinking - how can we fill up tomorrow's show? - you can now look at your page and almost do the whole show's planning by yourself. All you need are 'X' number of news stories to fill in the blanks.

Glenn

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm with Lou.

Yes.

Though Seth hits a critical issue. So much news is now blatant marketing. It's not even covert.

The Today Show is an easy and deserving mark. I'll never forget waking up to it one September morning in 2002 to see them showing images of a plane striking the Twin Towers, immediately followed by Madonna and Britney kissing. Or the other way around. I don't even remember. But it turned my stomach.

There is very little news being reported anymore. Just headlines and commercials.

Take care,
Chuck

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

You're better off! I saw a guy this morning who used to be one of the anchors of the morning news on Channel 11 here in NY. He was standing outside MTV studios interviewing the 12 year olds who couldn't get in for TRL taping. I just shook my head.

I think I'd rather stand out in the middle of a Hurricane and report live on the whipping winds and pelting rain.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
On a related note, I sometimes go to www.cnn.com (it is one of several news sources I visit.)

Their home page features not one but TWO identical head shots of a "journalist" named Paula Zahn. Is it that important that I know what Paula Zahn looks like?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Well, duh, I could've just refreshed. :) I now see what you two saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks