What's new

Anyone Actually Audition Onkyo SKS-HT500's Against Polk Audio Rti's??? (1 Viewer)

Rich_R

Grip
I know full well what the consensus will be base on reputation alone, but I have read quite a few "reviews" from consumers who swear that the Onkyo's sound just as good. I can't find a store that has them both setup in the same room and connected to the same receiver/amp, so I have been unable to do my own trial.

I got the Onkyo SKS-HT500 (5.1 system) on sale for $200 on Black Friday. I haven't picked up a receiver yet. Trying to figure out if I should spend 5x as much on the Polk's (I am nearing the end of CC's 30 day return policy). Or maybe keep the Onkyo 5.1 speakers and just pick up the Polk Rti70's for a 7.1 system (probably would not be acoustically matched though).

Any thoughts/opinions who have actually listened to both? Tx.

Rich_R

Grip
Yes, but they are setup in different rooms and are powered by different receivers/amps. Since the Polks are in the listening room, they sound great. Since the Onkyo's aresetup on the main floor, in the middle of a noisy 100' x 100' open area, they do not sound impressive in that environment.

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a "Great Indoors" near you? The one near me has the Onkyo and Polk in the same room and can be auditioned together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks