What's new

Anybody else have Tyco's Canned Heat R/C cars? (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I just picked up a couple of these little R/C cars for my son (yeah right its for him). One is a Honda S2000 and the other is a Dodge Durango.

These things are incredibly fun for such a cheap price and even though my son is only 2 years old he can still control it pretty good.

I've been looking on the net and found that a lot of people modify these things to go a lot faster and with further range.

Anybody else have any Canned Heat?

Patrick

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Patrick,
I've seen the canned heat RC cars in a couple of retail stores and Radio Shacks. There were a couple of Ferrari's, the new VW Beetle, and a couple of other models that escape my memory. I was going to buy one months ago, but figured I would wait and see.
Not too long afterwards I went to get one and they were sold out.
Where did you find yours? What did you pay?
And how do you modify those little things to go faster? Maybe you could provide a link - when I buy the thing, I can use it to chase the squirrels in my local park. :D
Regards,
Moe.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Moe,
I bought one at a Zellers and one at a Toys R Us. They are hard to find. Damn, you actually saw a Ferrari? I would have loved to get one of those and the TT Coupe. Don't buy from Rad Shack. Their $40 there but $29 everywhere else.
The Durango is cool. It can over carpet quite well but the S2000 is faster.
Here's a link to a page where the guy describes mod'ing his Durango:
Link Removed
Patrick

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
stillwater4a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks