What's new

Any1 have knowledge of athena P2 sub? (1 Viewer)

Alan M

Second Unit
Ok guys,I'm thinking of ordering the Athena P-2 sub.My existing sub is a 13 yr old passive 15" made by dbx.It moves enough air,you could fly a kite in the wind,but clarity isnt its best feature.j/k.I'll be replacing it with the P-2 sub
What I'm looking for is a sub that will give me clear bass.I want to hear bass notes,not boominess.I have aura pro's,so it doesnt need to shake the room,the pro's do that.
Does any1 have experience with this sub? Heard anything good about it from friends,etc?

Btw,I can pick it up for $350 delivered.
I need your advice all.

Phil*K

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Alan,

I posted the same question about a week ago and got no responses. I did find some reviews on the S2/P2 combo and they were all rave. On audioreview it was rated 4.8/5.0. The S&V thing: ATHENA P2 - 96 / 25hz~87 Anyway I was able to get a close out on one for my daughter for $180. I still have it hooked up to my system. I'm not a sub expert but I'm pretty impressed with it. It puts out a lot of bass for 100watts and a 8" driver. Even though you don't need it too it will shake your floor. It doesn't sound as good as the subs in my Il60's, but it does put out nice clean bass. It does a better job for HT than it does for music, but its not boomy at all.

Hope this helps

Phil

Alan M

Second Unit
Thx Phil,
Thats what I'm looking for,clean bass.I've seen the reviews at audioreview and the 1 thing most have in common is the clean sound of the p-2.
Now that you've confirmed it,I'll order it.
Thanks for your help Phil.

Alan M

Second Unit
Chris,I have a relative who lives in the next state,and bought 2 p-2's.He now says 1 will work fine in his ht,so is willing to sale me 1 at 350 and he'll pay shipping.
This is all well and good,but not having heard the p-2,I was unsure of the sound quality of this sub.Although,as i stated in my 1st post,reviews have been excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks