What's new

Any Z1 and X1 in Colorado, home or retailer for 'auditioning'? (1 Viewer)

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at both projectors.
I like the DLP Portion of the X1, but I like the Z1's native 16x9 format.

I've never seen either one, and I'm looking to check them out. I want to find out two things:
1. Do I see the rainbox effect (doubt it, I'm partially color blind anyways)
2. Will I see screen door on the Z1

Any help anyone could provide would be appreciated. I'm in Denver, but willing to drive.

Murdock

mark alan

Supporting Actor
For what its worth

I have the Z1 projecting onto a 6 foot wide screen. At about 6 feet away from the screen, I can barely see a grid pattern on large light areas of the picture. Beyond 1x screen distance, it is a non-issue for me. With a larger screen, it becomes more visible, but I would think at greater than 1.5x screen width, you would always be fine.

Haven't seen the X1, but I can't believe you wouldn't love the Z1. One big plus for the Z1 that none of the other entry levels projectors have is the optical lense shift that allows you to adjust the picture up, down, right and left with affecting picture quality. Without it, I would have had to spend a lot more time getting my ceiling mount exactly right.

Can't help on viewing the projector unless you want to drive about 2,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks