What's new

Any word on Ang Lee's "The Wedding Banquet" DVD? (1 Viewer)

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor

I love this little movie & really want it on DVD! Anyone have any news? I know there's a Hong Kong version w/o English subtitles (plus it may be a bootleg anyway). Just want a decent 16x9 R1 version w/ or w/o extras.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I think it is a FOX release, and I want it as well!!!!!!!
Any one have any news about it ??

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am with ya on this one!

A great gem of a film, and reportedly, it made more money the year it was released (based on percentage over cost) than any other film of the year.

I kept thinking with Ang Lee getting more and more recognizable as a director, we might see this title on DVD.

20th Century Fox released the VHS, but it is also a Samuel Goldwyn Home Entertainment release, and I even noticed that CBS Fox home video is listed on the back.

Being a releatively recent film, I cannot imagine this title is in "distribution rights purgatory," but ya never know. (With Paramount getting the rights to the CBS Fox title Scrooge, I just don't know anymore: this could be a Fox, MGM, or Paramount title now.)

I just want to know who I need to pester to get it released!

:)

Mark

RafaelB

Second Unit
Me too! Me too!

It's a wonder that whoever has the video rights to this hasn't capitalised cross-promoting with the release of The Hulk (another Ang Lee film about fathers and sons)... :D

Rafael

Jodee

Screenwriter
Paramount also released the CBS/Fox title Better Off Dead, so maybe they do have the rights to this as well?

That could explain why it hasn't been released yet-- perhaps it's one of those films that Paramount has acquired but haven't quite sorted through and gauged demand yet.

I'd definitely buy this one!

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

As would I (assuming anamorphic verson).

Might be interesting to hear Ang Lee look back on one of his earlier films through a commentary. I know he's done both Sense And Sensibility and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, so it wouldn't be a stretch...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks