What's new

Any sites review the 36" Sony XBR450? (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Does any place review and possibly compare/contrast the Sony 36" HDTV-ready XBR450 with other comparable sets?
I think I've found my deal, and I'm probably going to get this set this week. Anyone want to share their experiences with it? Care to share the price you paid?
------------------
"You advance yourself only by my good graces."

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I went ahead and bought mine tonight.
It will be delivered on the 28th. I will also post my impressions.
------------------
"You advance yourself only by my good graces."

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
If anyone has specific questions, post them here.
This thing is big and heavy. The picture is great. Anamorphic DVDs are fantastic. Analog cable is very watchable. I did a quick AVIA calibration on the "PRO" picture mode only.
My only problem so far (A BIG ONE, IMHO) is that the picture will randomly flicker, producing a crackling sound. I am going to email and call Sony about this. I am glad that I bought a 3 year service contract with the TV.

BrianBHD

Agent
I had the EXACT same thing happen on my new 32". It would flicker. It happend a couple times a day for a while but then it happened every couple minutes. They replaced it with a new one and it has worked perfectly. Someone else had the same problem. Maybe a production issue.
Brian

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
It's a miracle! The flickering problem seems to have gone away. There was no problem last night or this morning. I watched my first movie last night, and it was amazing. Hannibal in anamorphic on the 36XBR450. The deetails and colors far surpassed anything I have experienced in my home before. I am very happy with my purchase. I just hope that the flicker problem does not return.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks