What's new

Any problems/concerns/opinions on Mits. 46" 16:9? (1 Viewer)

Mike Carroll

Auditioning
I don't know the exact model number, but I know Mistubishi makes a 46" widescreen which would fit perfectly in my basement. I am in the market for an HDTV but it can't be over 50" due to size restrictions. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of 16:9's less than 50" so it limits my choices. I have also looked at the Toshiba 40", but that might be too small. Kind of picky aren't I? :)
Anyway, I would appreciate any opinions you might have on the Mitsubishi 46" widescreen. Any specific feature to be aware of? Any drawbacks? How does it display 4:3 material? I'll be viewing mostly DVD's but will also be watching sporting events and an occasional sitcom. I'm pretty sure there is no HD programming in the KC area, except for maybe PBS.
I may also wait and check out the new Panasonic 47" 16:9 that is due out in May.
Thanks for helping a newbie!

Mike Carroll

Auditioning
Just checked out the Mitsubishi website and it said the depth of the 46" was 28". That won't work in my basement so I guess the Mits. is out.
Anyone know the dimensions of the Toshiba 40" 16:9? The Toshiba website didn't list the dimensions.
I may have a hard time finding one with less than a 22 inch depth, at least in my price range.

Roger Clark

Stunt Coordinator
Unit Dimensions: 37 13/16" x 44 1/8" x 18 7/16" (WxHxD)
Unit Weight: 134 lbs.
Carton Dimensions: 41 9/16" x 49 7/8" x 22 5/8" (WxHxD)
Carton Weight: 156 lbs.
From the Toshiba web site (for the TW40X81), they would be the same for the 40H80.
Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks