Any problems/concerns/opinions on Mits. 46" 16:9?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Carroll, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Auditioning

I don't know the exact model number, but I know Mistubishi makes a 46" widescreen which would fit perfectly in my basement. I am in the market for an HDTV but it can't be over 50" due to size restrictions. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of 16:9's less than 50" so it limits my choices. I have also looked at the Toshiba 40", but that might be too small. Kind of picky aren't I? :)
    Anyway, I would appreciate any opinions you might have on the Mitsubishi 46" widescreen. Any specific feature to be aware of? Any drawbacks? How does it display 4:3 material? I'll be viewing mostly DVD's but will also be watching sporting events and an occasional sitcom. I'm pretty sure there is no HD programming in the KC area, except for maybe PBS.
    I may also wait and check out the new Panasonic 47" 16:9 that is due out in May.
    Thanks for helping a newbie!

2. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Auditioning

Just checked out the Mitsubishi website and it said the depth of the 46" was 28". That won't work in my basement so I guess the Mits. is out.
    Anyone know the dimensions of the Toshiba 40" 16:9? The Toshiba website didn't list the dimensions.
    I may have a hard time finding one with less than a 22 inch depth, at least in my price range.

3. Roger Clark

Roger Clark Stunt Coordinator

Unit Dimensions: 37 13/16" x 44 1/8" x 18 7/16" (WxHxD)
    Unit Weight: 134 lbs.
    Carton Dimensions: 41 9/16" x 49 7/8" x 22 5/8" (WxHxD)
    Carton Weight: 156 lbs.
    From the Toshiba web site (for the TW40X81), they would be the same for the 40H80.
    Roger