What's new

Any Pioneer receivers coming out with DPL II? Elite or otherwise? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The shop I deal with carries Marantz, Onkyo, Integra and Pioneer Elite (along with stuff i can't afford like Bryston, Rotel etc). I am leaving myself some room to compare between brands. I was aiming for the Marantz SR 6200, but I am also going to compare with Onkyo/Integra and Pioneer Elite, in terms of sound quality.
Is Pioneer coming out with any ELITE or other receivers with DPL II? How do Pioneer receivers compare in sound quality?

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Is Pioneer coming out with any ELITE or other receivers with DPL II? How do Pioneer receivers compare in sound quality?
I know the VSX-49TX will have DTS ES discrete. But I'm not sure about DPL II. As for the sound quality, it should be better than the VSX-39TX. The press release, at the Pioneer site, says it will have more power compared to the 39TX. We just have to wait and see when it comes out :)
I know the Kenwood Soverian(sp?) has DPLII. I'm not sure what the sound quality is on those receivers.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
As far as sound quality goes, 39 and 49 will have THE EXACT SAME SOUND QUALITY due to the same amplification system. The difference will be in the features between the two units.
Kenwood Sovereign series are good too. However, MOSFET sound is more my cup of tea rather than bipolars.
All you can do is listen.
ps: the only problem with Pioneer now is that their product is getting more overpriced than before. I LOVE Pioneer, but value wise, IMHO, they are not as great as the Kenwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks