1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Pioneer receivers coming out with DPL II? Elite or otherwise?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

The shop I deal with carries Marantz, Onkyo, Integra and Pioneer Elite (along with stuff i can't afford like Bryston, Rotel etc). I am leaving myself some room to compare between brands. I was aiming for the Marantz SR 6200, but I am also going to compare with Onkyo/Integra and Pioneer Elite, in terms of sound quality.
    Is Pioneer coming out with any ELITE or other receivers with DPL II? How do Pioneer receivers compare in sound quality?

2. Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa Second Unit

3. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

As far as sound quality goes, 39 and 49 will have THE EXACT SAME SOUND QUALITY due to the same amplification system. The difference will be in the features between the two units.
    Kenwood Sovereign series are good too. However, MOSFET sound is more my cup of tea rather than bipolars.
    All you can do is listen.
    ps: the only problem with Pioneer now is that their product is getting more overpriced than before. I LOVE Pioneer, but value wise, IMHO, they are not as great as the Kenwood.