What's new

Any info on a DVD release of "The Point" ? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
It was an animated made-for-TV movie from 1971 and I still remember bits and pieces of it, especially the song "Me and My Arrow." The main character was a round headed boy named Oblio who struggles along in a world where everything is pointed. It was just one of those films I saw as a kid that's just stuck with me all these years and I'd love to see it again. Here's the IMDB link.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
I think there was a rights issue with the music or something like that. Isn't there 3 different versions of THE POINT, each with different narration or am I nuts?

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
Right...apparently it was originally narrated by Dustin Hoffman, the video and LD versions were narrated by Ringo Starr, and a Disney Channel version was narrated by Alan Thicke. This is according to IMDB. I'd certainly perfer the Dustin Hoffman version.

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Tony...my searching skills are pathetic on this site. Looks like it was really close to a release at one point but still MIA. :frowning:

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
After reading the old threads on this I found about nine gazillon Point DVDs on Ebay. Are recalled DVD worth picking up?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont think it was recalled.
i think it was actually released,but no retailers picked it up due to the possibility that the studio who released it didnt have the dvd rights.

same place that released the final countdown earlier, and some other titles.

TommyD

Auditioning
Saw this tidbit on Musictap a few days ago: "BMG Heritage will issue a Harry Nilsson DVD named The Point on March 23. Ringo Starr also factors in heavily on this issue."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks