1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any experience with Philips DVD951AT?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Nicholls, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    My neighbor wants to buy his first DVD player, and requires a built-in DD/DTS decoder. (I gave him my old DD "ready" receiver.) Costco is unloading the Philips DVD951AT player for $149, and this is the cheapest major brand player I have seen with a built-in DD/DTS decoder. Is this a good buy or a lemon? A search here at HTF turns up nothing on this model number.
    ------------------
    Feline audience members Katie, Susie, and the one and only Fluffy Pumpkin

2. Anthony F.

Anthony F. Stunt Coordinator

I haven't had experience with this model, but with two other Philips models. My take: excellent good CD sound, very good picture quality, clunky remote. Overall definitely worth a try.

3. James Camm

James Camm Extra

I have the 815at player. I got it in the winter of 1999, and it has caused me no problems at all. I had to have a firmware upgrade last year but phillips did not charge me and my player was gone for only 5 days. It plays everything i throw at it, It has the decoder built in but I use the coax connection. I highly endorse phillips.
    ------------------