What's new

Any experience with Philips DVD951AT? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
My neighbor wants to buy his first DVD player, and requires a built-in DD/DTS decoder. (I gave him my old DD "ready" receiver.) Costco is unloading the Philips DVD951AT player for $149, and this is the cheapest major brand player I have seen with a built-in DD/DTS decoder. Is this a good buy or a lemon? A search here at HTF turns up nothing on this model number.
------------------
Feline audience members Katie, Susie, and the one and only Fluffy Pumpkin

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't had experience with this model, but with two other Philips models. My take: excellent good CD sound, very good picture quality, clunky remote. Overall definitely worth a try.

James Camm

Grip
I have the 815at player. I got it in the winter of 1999, and it has caused me no problems at all. I had to have a firmware upgrade last year but phillips did not charge me and my player was gone for only 5 days. It plays everything i throw at it, It has the decoder built in but I use the coax connection. I highly endorse phillips.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks