What's new

Any comments on Yamaha CDV-1700 (1 Viewer)

wei

Auditioning
Hi,
Just want to know if any of you have comments on Yamaha CDV-1700. It is a clone of Pioneer CLD-1750. I am trying to evaluate this unit and see if I can get it as my second backup unit.
thanks in advance.

Wei

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
What will this be a back-up for? This player is now ten years old, and was never more than an entry/low mid-level player so doesn't include any convenience features (freeze frame, auto side-change, AC-3 RF out). I used one for a month and thought picture quality was pretty average (48dB according to the specs provided) but it was very well built with a nice solid aluminium fascia and quiet. I recently saw a new 1700 (must have been gathering dust out back for quite some time!) for $140US.

If you can get it cheap then it may be worthwhile as a back-up's back-up, but at the end of the day this is a ten-year-old, second-hand, entry level player. I would try to get something a little newer.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks