What's new

Any chance of BEDAZZLED (1967) now? (1 Viewer)

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Having just seen the sad news that Dudley Moore has died at 66 (CNN article), I wonder if Twentieth Century Fox will see fit to release the original 1967 version of Bedazzled -- featuring one of Moore's finest and funniest cinematic performances -- to DVD.
I hope they will: it'd be a great way to remember him. (And Peter Cook, too.)
doug

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
How about re-releasing "Arthur" in OAR? The rest of the world got it right, why can't we?

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
FOX had this reissued on VHS when the Ramis' version came out on VHS/DVD. ...unfortunately, events like this sometimes speed up a languishing release.
Sad and untimely.
Interestingly, the other 2 principals in the 1967 film- Peter Cook, (his last) and Eleanor Bron, starred together as Lord and Lady Wexler in Caroline Thompsons' excellent 1994 remake of BLACK BEAUTY.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If you have access to Fox Movie Channel, tune in this Saturday (3/30). They're showing Bedazzled in widescreen.

M.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Whimper

Bedazzled is Scope isn't it? Time to find someone with Fox Movies to tape it for me!

Fox! Please honor Mr. Moore's memory by releasing a 5-star DVD of Bedazzled. At least a solid SE. It's a great film, and while I tried to enjoy Mr. Ramis' version, it didn't hold a candle to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks