1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any chance of BEDAZZLED (1967) now?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Douglas Bailey, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Second Unit

Douglas Bailey
    Having just seen the sad news that Dudley Moore has died at 66 (CNN article), I wonder if Twentieth Century Fox will see fit to release the original 1967 version of Bedazzled -- featuring one of Moore's finest and funniest cinematic performances -- to DVD.
    I hope they will: it'd be a great way to remember him. (And Peter Cook, too.)
    doug

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

This was brought up at one the studio chats; the response was something like "not any time soon".

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

How about re-releasing "Arthur" in OAR? The rest of the world got it right, why can't we?

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

FOX had this reissued on VHS when the Ramis' version came out on VHS/DVD. ...unfortunately, events like this sometimes speed up a languishing release.
    Sad and untimely.
    Interestingly, the other 2 principals in the 1967 film- Peter Cook, (his last) and Eleanor Bron, starred together as Lord and Lady Wexler in Caroline Thompsons' excellent 1994 remake of BLACK BEAUTY.

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

If you have access to Fox Movie Channel, tune in this Saturday (3/30). They're showing Bedazzled in widescreen.

M.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Whimper

Bedazzled is Scope isn't it? Time to find someone with Fox Movies to tape it for me!

Fox! Please honor Mr. Moore's memory by releasing a 5-star DVD of Bedazzled. At least a solid SE. It's a great film, and while I tried to enjoy Mr. Ramis' version, it didn't hold a candle to the original.