What's new

Any Canucks Order Mitsubishi RPTVs From US? (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the VERY early stages of planning for a new HT come later next year and am still on the fence between FPTV and RPTV. I'm leaning towards the latter from a cost perspective but also because I simply don't have time to watch movies as much as I used to (and as such find it harder to justify the added expense). That and I wouldn't mind waiting for another couple of generations for DLP to REALLY come into its own. With that in mind there is one RPTV that really blurs the line between that decision. The Mitsubishi WS-73909.
At 73" this is a monster. I actually find it hard to comprehend that its diagonal measurement is a touch longer than my arm span finger tip-to-tip. Plus it has a nice juicy set of 9" CRTs. And from what I've read can be calibrated to spectacular form (including the color decoder and removing that nasty red push). The bad news is that, for reasons that escape me, Mitsubishi has chosen to shun the Canadian market. Typically I would shun back, but this is a pretty unique product.
Has anybody ordered Mitsubishi RPTVs and shipped to Canada? How painful was the process? How painful were the costs?!! Have you run into warranty and/or service implications?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a fan of bumping but should have known better than to post this early in the weekend when traffic is down. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks