What's new

Anthem AVM20 V2.21 7.1 Pre/Pro (1 Viewer)

PhilCo

Stunt Coordinator
REDUCED TO $1350.

Excellent condition Anthem AVM20 THX ULTRA2 with latest V2.21 firmware. One of the very few I could live with for music as well as movies. Excellent sound and incredible flexibility. Truly a great pre/pro. Black in colour. Might trade for a pre/pro I haven't had before. Can add cash.
Universally well reviewed and supports every decoding format possible and has a very transparent analogue direct. Advanced bass management with notch filter.
Can't touch this quality for $1400. Burr Brown Opamps, full 24/192 DACS and short signal paths contribute to the excellent sound quality of the AVM20.

AnthemLogic-Music and AnthemLogic-Cinema modes, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS Neo:6, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS-ES Discrete, and THX Ultra2/THX Surround EX with four optional modes. The AVM 20 v.2.0 offers a unique list of THX audio setup options that give its THX processing an unusual set of adjustments. These include back surround speaker delay fine-tuning for 7.1 setups and Boundary Gain Compensation, in addition to a full list of bass-management capabilities with the ability to tailor crossover-frequency settings independently for each speaker group (fronts/rears/surrounds/center/subwoofer) in 5Hz increments.
Anthem has managed to take a great product and improve it -- as promised and under budget (the projected price for the AVM 20 v2.0 was $3500). The new preamp/processor/tuner retains everything that was promising about the original while improving the few areas that users even mildly objected to -- that's impressive.

If you aspire to an excellent home-theater system that could satisfy picky audiophiles as well as hard-core cineastes, the Anthem AVM 20 v2.0 should leap to the head of your must-audition list. Or maybe you should just take the plunge and take one home -- it really is that sure a thing.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Oh now I understand. I directed another member of this forum with the name Nikko maybe they will be interested in the preamp/processor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks