What's new

And she's back (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Although there is now a procedure in place for students to request exceptions to the yearbook dress code, the final decision still belongs to the Principal and Superintendent. Despite the evasiveness of the Principal's comments, it doesn't appear that he has learned anything from this experience. (If I remember correctly, when this came up the first time, the Superintendent refused to overrule the Principal.)

HOWEVER, if the new discrimination policy results in fewer students being harassed for their sexual orientation (real or perceived), then I would consider this to be a victory. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Thank you, John, for pointing out this small bit of sanity in an increasingly insane world.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Maybe the attention on this will encourage more forward thinking young adults to come up with new and adventurous ways to challenge their administration.

i.e. what if a girl/boy was dressed in one of those get-ups where 1/2 is a man and the other 1/2 is a woman...you know, like you used to see on variety shows where they appear to be two people dancing the tango.

this reminds, in a very distant and not really related way, to the time when, in high school, several students were suddenly plucked from their classes to "participate" in an impromptu essay test. what it really was, was a aptitude test from a higher level (either state or federal, but state i think) where they picked only honor students (myself included) to "take" this test which would allow the school to demonstrate their elevated and biased skill level. know what I mean ? they plucked smart kids to take this state test (essay type) and the results they used to show how good the school was performing (and possibly garner more funding of some kind).
well, many of us, being more the wiser, knew the ulterior motives of the hypocritical administration, and totally tanked the essay by writing completely surreal essays.
it had no bearing whatsoever on our grades and I think it was anonymous, so we all had a lot of fun with it.
we werent asked to participate. we were forced. no questions asked. it was weird.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
From her statement in the article "It must be big, or I wouldn't have agreed to it," I gether that she received some financial settlement.

I find that saddening, because the cynic in me thinks that it was likely ALWAYS about money, and not principle. Which, of course, will encourage ever-more people to go for the "judicial lottery.":thumbsdown:

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Todd,

Do you have any evidence that there was money involved, or is that just speculation?

The quote you mention is referring to the policy changes at the school district. This is readily apparent when you read the entire quote (with my emphasis):

I see no mention of monetary compensation here, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks