What's new

Anchor Bay's Dr Who. Collection Excellent (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well at least the First flick is "Dr. Who and the Daleks" Anchor Bay really got their hands on a pristine print, or spent some Time cleaning it up. It looks wonderful i hardly saw any scratches or dirt, colors are spot on and the blacks are richand deep. This is a fun little film. It does'nt follow the series, but I remember having a great time with it as a kid, I have'nt checked out the sequel or the Dalekmania special yet. This is a bargain at what I paod for it (23.95) Extras are skim but you get a trailer and some good background info on all the doctor's incarnations. This set is recommended.

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Thanks for the review, Dave. I haven't picked up any Doctor Who discs yet, but I just finished up The Twilight Zone series (whew!) and today I got the rest of the Space: 1999 discs that are out. Now I have to finish the X-Files and Star Trek series before I can move on to the good doctor, but maybe in the new year! I see by the organge spines on your custom DVD rack that we are at about the same place on collecting the Trek discs. No... wait... you have two more on the bottom shelf! :)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I've read that Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150AD has the wrong beginning - specifically, chapters 1 & 2 are the wrong way around (teaser should be before opening credits).
Can anyone confirm?
(Not that this will put me off buying the boxset, you understand :) )

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll Have to chk out the second movie to see if that's true. As far as the Trek Disks...old Picture. Plus I have a stack upstaris unwatched. I prefer to watch Trek on the 32" in their OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks