What's new

American Idol HTF Challenge (entries closed) (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
Strike Thru isn't working anymore. Do I have any alternatives or do I have to set an option somewhere?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Hey, I'm the last one with all four picks still in the competition, bu I must admit it was sheer luck that Katharine was still on the board when I entered the Challenge (it was her, Kevin, and I think Bucky).

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

As you have probably discovered by now NolanJ, Strike-thru is now working once more. When the new software was uploaded a couple of the features didn't turn on automatically and Parker Clack (one of the owners) has been busy running around housecleaning quite a bit after the transition. It's a huge task and he is to be commended for all that he has done especially in light of the fact that the HTF is not his regular job.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Incidently, in case you or some others weren't aware, this version of vBulletin (the Bulletin Board SW we are using) has an option that lets you change your text editor from a basic no-frills one to a rather full featured WYSISWG ("What You See Is What You Get) editor. While it doesn't allow you to to automate Strike Thru (you still have to use the "s" and "/s" options) a lot of other stuff such as Bold, Italics, Underlining, Text Size, Fonts, Text Color, etc. becomes as easy as using MS Word, et. al. (In fact, I'm using this editor to write this reply with very little, if any, "bracketology" and it is a big improvement.) And for the record, I'm doing this to make a point not to make it a habit since this all reminds me of the early days of PageMaker where people used every font and feature at their disposal "because it was there." I call this "Ransom Note Publishing."

:D

Any member can choose the type of editor to use by going to their Control Panel (UserCP on the toolbar), selecting the Edit Options submenu and scrolling down to the Miscellaneous Options section where you will see the Message Editor Interface choices. Very nice!

And concerning the AI "contest" - Hanson appears to be in the drivers' seat with all 4 contestants left, but I'm also sitting with three left, as are a couple of other members. It all comes down to whether Paris goes quickly and how far Elliot or Chris go in the competition. The winner gets a Sony Ruby Projector, right?

(Remarks made here do not necessarily reflect the views or the lack of deep pockets of the owners of this forum)

:laugh: :eek: :laugh:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Assuming Paris is gone, Travis, RAF, and I are the only ones to have three of their top four remaining. If Kat wins, I take it. If Elliott wins, it's RAF's. Otherwise, Travis and I tie.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Yes, Hanson - and I'm kicking myself for not taking Katharine as my top choice. I subscribed to the "This time FOX will pick a white male for the next American Idol" theory and I'm actually hoping I'm wrong since Katharine is a lot nicer on the eyes. I still think that Elliot has the best sounding voice, but unless this thing is really rigged, I can't see him beating McPheever. Elliot has come a long way in the "image" department but wardrobe malfunctions won't earn him any votes.

;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well, thanks to the Chris elimination I am guaranteed at least a tie for first with a minimum of 45 points (20+15+10) and a possible 50 points (25+15+10) if Elliot wins it all. Only Hanson can get 45 points and he needs Katharine to win and Taylor to come in 2nd for this to happen. That would give him 45 (25+15+5 from Chris for 4th). If Elliot doesn't go home next week then it's over.

At least I think this is correct unless I overlooked something.

:D

Great contest and great year for AI.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Plus, Travis and I both had 40. Got screwed by Elliott hanging around.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Actually, after watching the performances this week the person who got screwed was Elliot, in my opinion.

:laugh:

Seriously, I always knew that Elliot was better than just someone who "stuck around" and I still contend that he was the best singer in the group, but as we all know that's only one factor in what makes up the AI. Interestingly, I had a chance to pick Katharine for first when I made my selection of Elliot to win, but I subscribed to the (now proven) idea that it was time for a white male performer to win since that was the only demographic missing from previous first place finishers. I was correct in my guess about this, but just chose the wrong male vocalist. 3 of the final 4 fit the "profile."

In any event, I look forward to defending my "crown" next season.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Final Results:

Well, it's been a great year of American Idol, and I'm happy Taylor won. As last year's winner of the American Idol challenge, I am proud to crown Robert A Fowkes the winner of this year's contest. Prizes have been distributed according to final rankings.

Can't wait until next year !

1st Place -- wins lap dance from Carrie Underwood
Robert A Fowkes

2nd Place -- win front row tickets to Prince concert
Travis_S
Hanson Yoo

3rd Place -- win vocal lessons from Latoya London
Patrick Sun

4th Place -- win a spot in the cheesy Ford commercials
Dan Keefe

5th Place -- win afternoon of conversing politics with Kellie Pickler
AnthonyC
danak

6th Place -- win 100" plasma screens (no burn-in possibilities)
NolanJ
Aaron Silverman

7th Place -- win front row tickets to Menudo concert
Ken CM
Randy B A

8th Place -- win a lap dance from Ruben Studdard
Chris_Morris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks