What's new

Amazon posts profit; Kmart files for bankruptcy (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
personally... in my area, I can't believe that ANYONE could shop at K-MART. Plain and simple their stores in my area are SHIT HOLES! Their DVDs are in stacks, there are boxes in the aisles which make it so you can't get your cart in certain places... and the place is always a mess... ugh...
It's all SUPER TARGET for me :D

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I don't understand why anyone would want to shop and Target OR K-Mart. The stores in my area look like thrift shops (IMO), and they make me feel really cheap. I really dislike the feeling I get when I walk into those stores.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I love the Super K-Mart near us. It is in excellent condition, always neat and clean.

I hope they can figure out some way to keep it around, because otherwise I would have to go to *shudder* Wal-Mart to find cheap household stuff and food. I feel like I need to take a shower just thinking of Wal-Mart.

Oh, and I love Target. It's by far the best of the three low-price chains, but a little bit pricier than the others.

/Mike

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I hope K-Mart can turn things around. One of my best friends is a department manager in a local Super K-Mart. He went to work there when the grocery store chain he worked at for 20 years went out of business.

Remember, folks, there are real people depending on the jobs these stores provide.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'm a bit suprised that it has taken this long for K Mart to file for bankruptcy. There are so many newer stores around here there can't be enough customers for everybody. Another chain that curious as to if they can make it in the 21st century is Sears. Back in the day it was a regular thing to make a trek to the mall to get everyting from school clothes to garden tools but Walmart stocks 95% of Sears stuff too. Leasing space at the mall seems like it would be more expensive than building a supercenter from scratch.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Amazon posted a profit???? Now they can use that against the billions they must be in debt after all these years of losses.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Amazon's quarterly profit: $5,000,000

Amazon's debt : $2,000,000,000

5 million down, 1,995 to go!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
In Seattle the Targets have simpsons figures so I find myself going there alot. However the Kmarts and Walmarts are incredibly scary shity wholes and the first time I went in was soon to be the last. Ahh the horrible smell!!!

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Kmart went bankrupt because they don't have a loyal customer base anymore. It can't compete with Walmart on price and it can't compete with Target on style, so it's become an irrelevant company. It deserves to die. As unfortunate as that is for the employees and shareholders, it is not right to go through Chapter 11 and die an even more agonizing death like Service Merchandise.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Geez you all are easily bothered. I live in the middle of Redneckville, go to Wal-Mart once every two weeks, and it ain't so bad. K-Mart is still shitty though.

Mike Huay

Stunt Coordinator
"It deserves to die. "
I agree. Let me share with everyone my Kmart story.
I live in Japan, and while driving near Nagoya noticed a used car dealer using the Kmart logo and name.
I stopped to take pics and possibly report the violator to Kmart, even though I have/had not a care in the world about Kmart. I just don't like this sort of thing. See the pics I took here: www.geocities.com/kmartsux2002
I got the pics back and decided to call Kmart hq in the US. Never mind that it took 5 or 6 calls at my own expense to just get a live operator, when I finally got one, here is what happened:
I told the operator that I wanted to talk with the legal dept. to report a trademark violator, and she transfered me to there, and an automated system answered and would not loop me back to the operator. "0" was invalid. I called again. I told the same operator that I wanted to speak to a live person.
She YELLED back at me "In case you haven't looked at your watch its after 4:00 and people do go home."
I said "Excuse me, I am calling from Japan, and it is 7 in the morning here, and I want to speak to a live person in the legal dept."
She said: "Give me your stupid number and I will pass it along."
I said "What is your problem?" CLICK
She hung up on me.
I HOPE YOU LOST YOUR JOB LADY BECAUSE YOU DONT DESERVE ONE, EXCEPT ON A SINKING SHIP!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks