What's new

Am I shooting myself in the foot with my speaker placement? PICS INSIDE (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
How far apart should I seperate these? I don't have too much room on each side.

8th pic down

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Ummmm Todd....8th pic down where? The only link I see just shows me a bunch of cd covers next to music tracks. Am I just not seeing it?

Dan Hine

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Todd, your imaging will suffer from that placement. Also you need to try to get the fronts of all your speakers away from any flat surfaces, like the top of the entertainment center. You should get some speaker stands and place the mains forward of the entertainment center and closer to ear height.

Good luck.

Mike

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I seem to remember reading somewhere that speakers should be placed at least 6 feet apart in order to get any decent imaging from them.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Speakers that close together doesn't give the seperation needed for optimal listening. Infact the sound would be bunch up with the three speakers.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yep. You're not shooting yourself in the foot, you're shooting yourself in the EAR. Basically what you have there is ONE big center channel. I agree that you would benefit from putting the mains on stands to either side of the ent. center. Not sure what you will do about your sub though. Answer is probably going to be to get some smaller mains with stands so the sub will still fit.
What's with getting all 3 game systems? ;)
I like The Crow and the Nightmare Before Christmas pics! :D

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
I can understand the need for the 3 game systems :) Minus the X-Box... I've already got a PeeCee :)
Your imaging is suffering badly, I'm limited in the separation of my mains (about 5-6') and it's one of the things that most makes me want to move.
-Aaron

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Wassup buliwyf? (VE reader here :)
Get those Klpisch rears mounted...uh, in the rear! If you don't have any place to put them behind you, just put a wood screw in the celing a few feet behind you and just slide the existing stands on the head of the screw. The tweets will be perfectly aligned with your head if you want 'em to! Removable in short notice too.
Sean

todd stone

Screenwriter
Problem is i really have no where to put the 2 big main speakers on the sides.... I am limited...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks