What's new

Alliance Atlantis - Keepcase vs. Snapper (1 Viewer)

MarkBurton

Second Unit
As I understand it, Alliance-Atlantis distributes New Line's catalog in Canada in keepcases as opposed to the USA snappers from New Line. There are a few titles that I would like to purchase and since I'd rather have a keepcase than a snapper, I would like to purchase the Alliance-Atlantis version. Does anyone know if these DVDs come in a keepcase in Canada?

Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Seven
Boogie Nights
Blade
Rush Hour
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Magnolia

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
All of those you mentioned come in a keepcase, except for Boogie Nights and Magnolia. I believe the Seven SE was very recently released as a keepcase, but I'm not exactly sure.

Also, while many of these are in keepcases, they are also bilingual french/english covers, so take that into consideration.

Jason

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mark-

I have nothing of significance to add to the discussion. Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Jacksonville native...

Jimmy

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I beg to differ.
The Austin powers movies are snappers
Blade is a keepcase with reversable cover
Seven is a keep case
Rush Hour is a snapper (rush hour 2 is a keepcase)
Check out Link Removed they usually list the package type.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
My Se7en SE is not a keepcase, but one of those fold-out cardboard & plastic things that come in a cardboard slip-cover (same for the SE Boogie Nights & Magnolia).
Blade was initially released in Canada as a snapper, but has since been re-released as a keepcase. Some retailers may still be carrying the older snapper version.
The Austin Powers films were initially released as snappers and I have yet to see a keepcase version of either of these films (although they may exist).

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
The Austin Powers films were initially released as snappers and I have yet to see a keepcase version of either of these films (although they may exist).
They DO exist. My wife purchased them both last week at Future Shop. Although they did still have the 2 older snapper versions as well. Both have the bilingual covers -- still, better than snappers.

Herb.

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Thanks for the good feedback. This certainly makes my purchases easier. I just wish Alliance-Atlantis released the Warner catalog too. Hello Jimmy!

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Ditto to what Herb said -- the Austin Powers discs were recently rereleased under snapper cases. Despite the bilingualness, they look nice.

Again, for Seven, I'm not exactly sure what is going on with that one, but it was also released recently with an additional french track.

Rush Hour (or Heure Limite to you French) is now in a keepcase.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks