What's new

all in wonder pro question (1 Viewer)

BrentC

Agent
Hi I am building a computer for a friend who is going off to college. he wants to save space so I want to use a all-in-wonder 9700 pro card so he dosen,t have to have a tv. (and the 9700 pro part will help with his ... uh homework wink wink) the question is this. He also has a PS2 and i want to know if i can run that through the aiw's inputs. I am worried that there is going to be a signal delay so bad that the ps2 will be unplayable. I would appreciate anyones experince or expertice on the subject. thanks

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
well, i have the AIW 9700 and a PS2. i have yet to hook up the PS2 via the AIWs inputs, but i could give it a try in the next few days if you're not in a rush. which video input do you think he'll be using, the s-video or composite? anyway, perhaps someone else could answer this question for you sooner.

john

edit:

the following forum would be a great place to ask this question:

Rage3D

do a search for PS2 in the "All-In-Wonder, VIVO, and TV Support" section and you'll see a number of threads about this topic :)

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
well, I when I used to live in the dorms I had a reciever that I used and I hooked the comp as the monitor. It was my TV through and through. Although I played Xbox on mine, the only complaint I have is that the overlays on my computer tended to be somewhat lackluster. the biggest offender is my snowboarding game the different shades of white for the snow tended to come off as one colour making the game difficult to play. I'm not sure what the source was, cable TV looked fine and of course DVDs were fine since they had their own program.

all in all however it worked great and it's a good solution for anyone moving into dorms or the like were space is premium.

there's no reason you can't hooked up the playstation through the vid in's. the only concern I have is that the default player software with the all-in-wonders have some Tivo functions for rewinding live TV etc. this causes about a full second of delay from the input to what's played so games are unplayaple. I'm posistive that there's a way around it, I've just never needed to, so this is just a quick blurb to tell you to expect it.

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
it will look fine. Just use dscaler to play it. Instead of the software included in the card. will look heaps better!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks