Alain Delon in ZORRO coming November 6

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Richard--W, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Jun 20, 2004
    Finally, the widescreen anamorphic full-length, uncut French version, with an English friendly option and the original score is being released by Somerville House:
    It's about twenty minutes longer than the re-scored cut-down American version which proliferates in cloudy public domain editions.
    The French original is highly regarded by those who've seen it.
  2. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Dec 11, 2001
    Roland Lataille
    Maybe The Black Tulip will be released next.
  3. Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K Second Unit

Feb 10, 2006
    I haven't seen the disc yet, but it appears that only an English audio track is present. Given that Somerville House is a Canadian label, I find it odd that they would not include a French language option. Oh well, this is one of those "Euro-pudding" movies without a definitive original-language version. Delon speaks French, Stanley Baker speaks English, most of the rest of the cast Italian.

I watched the American version in a theater in 1976. It was on a double bill with a German-made Love Bug ripoff called Superbug (also dubbed in English). I was a child then, and I have not seen either movie since. I do remember thinking that Zorro was the livelier of the two movies. The thing I most vividly remember is the annoyingly catchy theme song by Oliver Onions (aka the De Angelis brothers). It's truly an earworm.