What's new

advice needed: Upgrade my roku XDS 2100X (1 Viewer)

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I've had the XDS for years now. And every time I have a problem with it I keep thinking to myself maybe it is getting to that time where it needs to be replaced with an upgrade of some kind. I see roku has now come out with roku 4. I have hesitated on all previous models even the roku stick because they either didn't offer support for the newest netflix or had some of the more annoying issues the XDS has or simply didn't look like an upgrade at all. Of those the streaming stick would have been something I bought but my brother has it and he complains about several of the same things I complain about with the functionality of the XDS. Has anyone gone from the XDS to the roku 4? If so tell me about you experience with it compared to the XDS. And anyone in general that has the roku 4, what did you have before it and what do you think of it compared to what you had before?

The main issues I am having with the XDS is having to restart it daily and even sometimes multiple times a day. It almost seems like the RAM gets all jammed up so that the software no longer responds to or has large delay in responding to key presses on the remote. Hulu seems to be a lot worse in that regard than netflix but both this happens frequently enough now that it is quite annoying. And it takes ridiculously long for the XDS to reboot. So much so that I go and fix a snack, use the bathroom, come back to the room and it is still rebooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks