What's new

Adcom GFA-6000 vs Parasound HCA-855A? (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a good used amp to run my Paradigm Studio 60s, CC, ADPs using my Denon 3802 as a pre/pro. I've found both of these for about the same price. Any thoughts on these amps for this setup?

Thanks,
Aaron

Ian Lascell

Agent
Aaron,
I've never heard an Adcom amp before, but I seem to remember them being described as somewhat bright. I own a Parasound 855A and I would describe it as rather warm. A dealer I know says that the Parasound warmth is similar to the Rotel warmth, if you are familiar with their amps at all. I don't know much about the Denon/Paradigm combination, but my very basic advice would be to choose the Adcom if you think your speakers are rather warm, or choose the Parasound if you feel they currently sound rather bright. If they sound very neutral to you, then I guess you need to choose the direction you would rather move in. Sorry I can't be more specific about your equipment, but if you have any specific questions about the Parasound, I'd be happy to try to answer them. I'm sure whichever you choose will give your music and movies quite a bit more impact than the Denon alone.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I agree with Ian's excellent assessment. I think the Parasound will more closely match the sound you are already familiar with from the 3802. With your speaker set I would personally prefer the Parasound as I also consider the Adcom more toward the bright side. Of course you may like that matchup better. Can you audition them at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks