What's new

Acoustics: Where to put absorbers/diffusers etc etc (1 Viewer)

Ben Hanrahan

Stunt Coordinator
Just looking for some advice on taming my home theater room, it's a little too bright. I realize different materials for taming a room, it's talked about quite often in here. But what I never seem to get is advice on where to put these objects... Where should sound absorbers be located? In the upper corners of walls is one area I've been told. Any advice that can be offered is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

BruceD

Screenwriter
Ben,
I will suggest the website below as a starting point to help you understand where to put acoustic treatments. They actually use a demo room to help you understand.
Acoustic treatment help
The ETF5 SW is also a valuable tool to help you verify the treatments you use are doing what you want.
Since every speaker/room environment is different, it's very hard to say where to treat your room.

Ben Hanrahan

Stunt Coordinator
That's a cool site with great info, thanks for the link! I think most people omit these issues as a way to make their gear sound better, when 9/10 times, they can get better sound with the gear they have.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks