Accoustic poly stuff - Need Alternative?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geoff L, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Where is the place to buy the cheapest poly fill ???
    Bedding section at Kmart or Miejers?
    What is it called, pillow batting or something simliar?
    I usually use Accousta stuff but a little pricey, not a problem with my own projects---->*BUT*
    I need some, ~{about 3-4 lbs}~ for garage speaks that I have replaced the drivers in for my ~{very tight wadd}~ father!
    I've seen others mention the Kmart alternative but cant seem to locate anything in a search....!
    So can you guys point me to the right Store, Department, and what it's Called?
    Thanks
    Geoff
    Edit--
    I live in a small town, so Kmart and Miejers are the only two stores we have access to about 10 miles away. No fabric stores unless I drive 45 miles. Sucks

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

If your dad is really cheap, you might just want to go with fiberglass insulation. If he doesn't have any laying around.. go up in the attic and tear off a couple chunks. [​IMG]
    Otherwise, the polyester batting used for pillows would be fine. You probably can get it at a craft/hobby store if you can't find it at KaMeapART.

3. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Thanks Dave,
    Well, he says he's THRIFTY,,, NO he's definetly cheap!!!! [​IMG]
    Anyway went to Kmart this morning and grabbed a couple poly filled pillows. Heck they even where on sale, two for one and $3.98 out the door. They where lightly stuffed, very cheap.. Probley around 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds a piece. Worked out great.
    Geoff