What's new

Accoustic poly stuff - Need Alternative? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Where is the place to buy the cheapest poly fill ???
Bedding section at Kmart or Miejers?
What is it called, pillow batting or something simliar?
I usually use Accousta stuff but a little pricey, not a problem with my own projects---->*BUT*
I need some, ~{about 3-4 lbs}~ for garage speaks that I have replaced the drivers in for my ~{very tight wadd}~ father!
I've seen others mention the Kmart alternative but cant seem to locate anything in a search....!
So can you guys point me to the right Store, Department, and what it's Called?
Thanks
Geoff
Edit--
I live in a small town, so Kmart and Miejers are the only two stores we have access to about 10 miles away. No fabric stores unless I drive 45 miles. Sucks

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
If your dad is really cheap, you might just want to go with fiberglass insulation. If he doesn't have any laying around.. go up in the attic and tear off a couple chunks. ;)
Otherwise, the polyester batting used for pillows would be fine. You probably can get it at a craft/hobby store if you can't find it at KaMeapART.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Thanks Dave,
Well, he says he's THRIFTY,,, NO he's definetly cheap!!!! :)
Anyway went to Kmart this morning and grabbed a couple poly filled pillows. Heck they even where on sale, two for one and $3.98 out the door. They where lightly stuffed, very cheap.. Probley around 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds a piece. Worked out great.
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks