What's new

Acadia Nat. Park in the fall? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
At what times of year does Acadia see alot of traffic, anybody from Maine, etc? I've been there once before, but it was in late October but too cold at night for my planned ultralite packing.

I'm planning a bike trip from my house in NJ to Acadia national park. I think this spring is going to be way too busy for me to plan anything, due to trips to the Adirondacks, and my Tour de France Trip and my usual centuries and stuff I would like to do. I know the whole NE is fairly busy for the leaf peapers but when does the traffic to Acadia generally peeter out. I'm looking at August/September, probably sometime when I can still camp out in summer gear, yet go when the park isn't so crowded with summer folks.. I'm still trying to see if I can get it in earlier but plan B would be to wait til fall.

I am planning a 7 night 8 day bike trip to bike the 720 odd miles to Acadia this year... mostly camping and trying not to make reservations except for perhaps in Acadia itself.

Jay

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd think anytime after Labor Day. My parents frequently make fall trips to the Maine coast and they say it's nearly deserted after Labor Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks