What's new

About Best Buy's "10% off all Sci-Fi & Horror" sale (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Be careful, and check the prices as they are scanned in. I picked up (with these sticker prices):
  • $14.99 Star Trek Vol 36
    $ 9.99 Rodan
    $ 9.99 New Outer Limits #1
    $ 9.99 New Outer Limits #2
ST36 rang up at $19.99, surely due to BB's recent price increases. She automatically marked it back to $14.99 per the pricetag. Good so far.
Rodan rang up at $9.49...50¢ cheaper than the sticker price. Cool; better than expected. :emoji_thumbsup:
But then...NONE of these titles automatically deducted 10% when she totaled it out! I questioned it, and she tried to tell me that Rodan was reduced "per the sale", and it should be the *only* one because its sticker said it was a SciFi section title. She then got the Media Dept. dude over, and together they informed me that the other 3 were not on sale, because they were "Television" section items! :eek:
I asked for a manager, and eventually one was dragged over. I explained the situation to him, and stated that Rodan was NOT showing as 10% off of $9.99...that would be $8.99. I told him that you could not convince me that STAR TREK and OUTER LIMITS was *not* SciFi! He had his moment of indecision, then thought better of it for ~$4.50
He joked about me swearing my undying loyalty to BB, and I responded that 600 DVDs purchased and 3 players ought to be good enough. He turned to the lady and said "take care of him", and she then deducted 10% from all four of those titles.
[rant]Be Careful![/rant] This same situation could hit you if you are getting a SciFi/Horror title that they keep in Television, Box Sets, Anime, or Disney. Or have simply mislabeled. Be persistant and convincing; you ought to prevail.

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
I feel your pain! :wink:
It's been my experience with my local BB that they'll always try to weasel out of their sales, but I always make sure to have the appropriate flyer with me and dare them to show me where I'm wrong. So far I've won every time.:emoji_thumbsup:
This sale specifically says sale on ALL Sci-Fi and Horror titles! I don't see anything saying only on non-sale DVD's (like they usually do), so when I go in tomorrow I'll be ready for them!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This sale was very odd. The discounts seemed totally random and I notice that on the flyer it doesn't say exactly what the "sale" is, just that all sci-fi and horror DVD's are "on sale." I made the following purchases which were subject to this sale; I didn't get 10% off either title:
Army of Darkness: Bootleg Cut Sticker: $14.99, Receipt: $13.99 (6.66% discount)
Gremlins 2: The New Batch Sticker: $14.99, Receipt: $14.24 (5% discount)
I also bought The Fog, but that was already on sale for $12.99, so I didn't expect any further discount.
But I couldn't find anywhere that actually stated the sale was for 10% off and all the discs were so cheap it wasn't worth my time to hassle over a few cents, so I just paid and left. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks