What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Manchurian Candidate in HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Manchurian Candidate is less a re-make, and more retelling in different terms. While the main plot lines are kept basically intact, every else is different.

This is a quality film, with excellent performances, that comes off, one again, looking like film in Paramount's HD-DVD release.

Everything works correctly on a technical level in this DVD, which upholds the level of quality that Paramount has set for itself.

And I still believe they have the prettiest packaging in the marketplace.

Recommended.

RAH

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I saw a demo of this title on Blu-Ray at Best Buy, and I was struck by the heavy grain of that transfer. I've only seen this once on SD, and never saw it in theaters, so is that grain normal? Is the HD-DVD transfer like this as well? It's not that I have a problem with intentional grain, it just seemed very distracting and not very film-like to my eyes.

It's a given that the demo I saw at BB wasn't a properly calibrated set, but I just wasn't impressed by it. I'd really like to see an eventual comparison between the HD and BD versions, as I believe that will go a long way in comparing the two formats as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks