What's new

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I'm still deep in IMF revisit. IMHO if you haven't got the europeans blus with the DTS-HD MA tracks, theses are the prefered upgrade. But be aware the sources are the same as the old discs, it's not like the Die Hard remaster for example, which uses a different scan from prior releases. Do not expect Matrix like new eyes on those films.

Expect the same looking prints, now upgraded to 4K HDR.

The reviewer from AVSForum received confirmation from Paramount that the first three movies were sourced from new 4k scans of the film elements.

The old Blu-ray edition of M:I-2 used an ancient DVD-era master smothered in DNR and edge enhancement. It looked awful. Every review I've read of the UHD other than yours claims that the UHD is a huge improvement.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
iTunes currently has the 5-film Mission Impossible bundle for $49.99. That's for HD. But, presumably, when iTunes gets the 4K versions they will be available on the Apple TV 4K in 4K. And now that Dolby ATMOS is coming to Apple TV 4K, $10 each seems a nice way to get the 4K versions. That is, *if* iTunes gets the 4K versions.

I already own all 5 films on disc. The first 3 on HD DVD, the last 2 on Blu. I already redeemed the Rogue Nation digital code in iTunes so that should be a free upgrade to 4K (If iTunes gets the 4K versions). Still, the $50 price is tempting. Buying the other four individually would cost more than the bundle.

We'll see.

Mark
iTunes selling 5-film bundle with 4K/Dolby Vision for $29.99 and I jumped on it.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I rewatched the BR of MI2 after your comments and indeed it is an improvement. Funnily both 1 & 2 air on french HDTV in masters with french credits, which are very close to the UHD, and these have been available for years. I'm use to these, that's why I thought the improvement were marginal.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
iTunes selling 5-film bundle with 4K/Dolby Vision for $29.99 and I jumped on it.

Yep! I just noticed it this morning (before I saw your message). I was coming here to post the same information. Even though I already owned the 4K version of Rogue Nation through iTunes, I jumped on the bundle price. That's only $7.50 each to upgrade the other 4 to 4K Dolby Vision.

I am increasingly finding my Apple TV 4K a more enjoyable way to watch my films. I don't have to get out of my chair to swap discs. :)

Mark

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Currently watching MI 1 and finally the audio is great, id have preferred an Atmos track with 7.1 core but after years of a BLU that featured DVD quality audio and shockingly the new BLUs still offer NON-HD audio.

Grain looks great!

And Danny Elfman’s most UN-Elfman score up to this period shines on this disc. I could watch MI 1 on repeat.

I want an expanded score CD bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks