Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

old mole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
They're talking about the 2012 Criterion Blu-ray.
Sorry, not arguing just confused. Mr. Harris and others discussing an 8 year old Blu-ray as if it were a new release. Glad to know it's the 2012 Criterion which I own and like very much.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sorry, not arguing just confused. Mr. Harris and others discussing an 8 year old Blu-ray as if it were a new release. Glad to know it's the 2012 Criterion which I own and like very much.
One last time, except for the last 14 posts, the rest of the posts in this thread were posted back in February, 2012.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I have the 2012 copy of this film. Is this a new transfer, and if so, is it worth the upgrade?
They're talking about the 2012 Criterion Blu-ray.
Yup, I first fell for it, too. Thought that maybe Criterion found an unexpected justification to return to an already perfect disc.

Still, it’s been well over 8 years since this was first reviewed (already?); so I’m hoping that this thread will find a whole bunch of newbies, leading them towards discovery of this outstanding film and transfer. It’s definitely worked out that way in my favor, on many past occasions. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yup, I first fell for it, too. Thought that maybe Criterion found an unexpected justification to return to an already perfect disc.

Still, it’s been well over 8 years since this was first reviewed (already?); so I’m hoping that this thread will find a whole bunch of newbies, leading them towards discovery of this outstanding film and transfer. It’s definitely worked out that way in my favor, on many past occasions. :thumbs-up-smiley:

That would be me. I was gonna get it during the last B&N sale, but it was sold out online and at all local stores...

So am I hearing right about a new Criterion release (from new 4K transfer/remaster?) coming? ;):lol:

_Man_

• Haha
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
That would be me. I was gonna get it during the last B&N sale, but it was sold out online and at all local stores...

So am I hearing right about a new Criterion release (from new 4K transfer/remaster?) coming? ;):lol:

_Man_
This is my view. If it’s a BD not yet owned, then it’s new; no matter how long it’s been available.:)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Well it's "New" to somebody :D

And this, too, is “New” to me.
Gee whiz, I wish I said and sold it first; then I’d finally have that needed mega moola for my big-time home theater.:cool:

As for “Anatomy of a Murder” finding its way to the 4K/UHD format? Why not? It’s a product of Columbia Pictures. So maybe this title could find its way into the boxed set of Columbia Classics (Volume Two); or even as a stand-alone. And don’t forget, Volume One contained the 4K/UHD of “Dr. Strangelove”; which apparently didn’t step on any contractual toes of Criterion, as they are still offering the BD.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when the trial judge is walking up to the courthouse, goes inside and passes a closed door. He hears sounds and looks inside with this expression of benevolence when he sees Stewart and O’Connel pouring over the law books. It’s as if he’s thinking “All’s right with the world when lawyers are studying the law.” The expression on the judge’s face is priceless.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks to this thread I’m watching this now - been a few years since my last viewing. I had a VHS copy for years before the BD came out and this disc is just gorgeous. It’s one of the best court thrillers I’ve ever seen and age doesn’t rob it of any of its power. The cast is just phenomenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks