What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Bunny Lake is Missing -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]For those on a limited budget, and only able to pick up a film or two from Twilight Times monthly offerings, I'd go for Bird Man of Alcatraz and/or Judgment at Nuremberg -- two wonderful films.
So how would you stand on a Bunny purchase at half price if one already owns Judgment at Nuremberg, but not Bird Man of Alcatraz?
The quantity's for Bunny went below 200 during the TT sale and I got pulled into that now-or-never impulse, being that I'm viewing the Preminger films as of late; plus its awfully difficult to ignore the pull of seeing Olivier and Coward within the same piece.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
So how would you stand on a Bunny purchase at half price if one already owns Judgment at Nuremberg, but not Bird Man of Alcatraz?
The quantity's for Bunny went below 200 during the TT sale and I got pulled into that now-or-never impulse, being that I'm viewing the Preminger films as of late; plus its awfully difficult to ignore the pull of seeing Olivier and Coward within the same piece.
Oh Come on ...
keep-calm-and-pull-the-lever-kronk-14.png

Just buy it ... ;) (I did but I already have both Judgment at Nuremberg,& Bird Man of Alcatraz)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Oh Come on ...
keep-calm-and-pull-the-lever-kronk-14.png

Just buy it ... ;) (I did but I already have both Judgment at Nuremberg,& Bird Man of Alcatraz)
I did. Just curious how RAH would rate a Bunny purchase under the given circumstances.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Olivier! Coward!

You should be ashamed that you asked!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]Bunny Lake is Missing is an odd film, and not a great one, by any means.
[...]For those on a limited budget, and only able to pick up a film or two from Twilight Times monthly offerings, I'd go for Bird Man of Alcatraz and/or Judgment at Nuremberg -- two wonderful films.
Good sir, it was Olivier and Coward alone that swayed my decision to purchase, last night; as I was getting a mixed feeling concerning the overview of the film, itself. Indeed, had you not made inclusive their names within your review I might have missed it altogether. Many thanks.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Otto Preminger's 1965 Bunny Lake is Missing is an odd film, and not a great one, by any means. [...] For those on a limited budget, and only able to pick up a film or two from Twilight Times monthly offerings, I'd go for Bird Man of Alcatraz and/or Judgment at Nuremberg -- two wonderful films.
Well, I finally figured why you were making placing a possible purchase-value comparison to Bunny Lake is Missing, Bird Man of Alcatraz and Judgment at Nuremberg within the same review. Just the other night, while glancing at the TT catalog, I had noticed that each of these 3 titles were released on the exact same date. Knowing us as you do, comes the awareness that not all are able to purchase 3 titles in the same given week.Everything now makes sense and all is in context; including my ultimate ownership of all 3 titles.:)

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
The commentary track from "Bunny Lake is Missing"; with Nick Redman, Julie Kirgo and Lem Dobbs; refers to a Robert Donat film entitled "The Magic Box". In their discussion of this film, reference is made to a 5 minute appearance by Laurence Olivier; to which they said that watching scene is "a lesson in acting". TT has, once again, whetted my appetite. I wonder if this is a film that TT might hope to offer, one day?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks