What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Beauty and the Beast -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmm. More expensive coming to NYC area maybe?

More likely different payment types and exchange rates.
As far as I know the shipping to the US is std at least for lower 48.

The exchange has jumped 4-5 cents recently, plus Amazon's exchange rate is always padded a bit more anyway.
A week of two back it dropped to around 1.26 from 1.33 a couple weeks before and today it's a little over 1.30
If you pay the 3% CC fee or Amazon's 4-5% padded exchange rate that could easily make a couple dollar difference if you happened
to catch the best and worst days.

Also for those coming afterwards -- the AmazonUk price was never listed at 14.99 -- that price was after the VAT was removed from teh listed 17.99 price As far as I can tell the 3D title has been 17.99 since pretty much the day it was listed for preorder 10 wks ago.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If one knows a film was shot in 3D, one doesn't have to see it in 3D to know why they're throwing things or flinging arms at you :)

A perfect example of this would be the two Three Stooges 3D shorts. Those are extreme examples, in which the typical tight pacing of the Stooges' gags is slowed almost to a halt innumerable times in order to insert pop-out effects to impress the audience. I enjoy watching these films, but 3D was not conducive to the Stooges other than strictly as a gimmick.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
More likely different payment types and exchange rates.
As far as I know the shipping to the US is std at least for lower 48.

The exchange has jumped 4-5 cents recently, plus Amazon's exchange rate is always padded a bit more anyway.
A week of two back it dropped to around 1.26 from 1.33 a couple weeks before and today it's a little over 1.30
If you pay the 3% CC fee or Amazon's 4-5% padded exchange rate that could easily make a couple dollar difference if you happened
to catch the best and worst days.

Also for those coming afterwards -- the AmazonUk price was never listed at 14.99 -- that price was after the VAT was removed from teh listed 17.99 price As far as I can tell the 3D title has been 17.99 since pretty much the day it was listed for preorder 10 wks ago.

Thanks for that explanation! I couldn't understand why the price went down when I ordered it! By the way, as I stated in another thread, a spokesperson for Amazon assured me that the disc was region free when I asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks