What's new

A Better Tomorrow III and A Bullet in the Head (1 Viewer)

Rino C

Agent
Tsui Hark produced and John Woo directed the first two movies in "A Better Tomorrow" series. The third part of the series was supposed to be the prequel that told how the main characters got their start together.

Unfortunately Tsui Hark and John Woo had a falling out over the creative direction of the movie. Since Tsui Hark had the right to "A Better Tomorrow," John Woo went ahead and made his version of "A Better Tomorrow III" and called it "A Bullet in the Head." Tsui Hark also went ahead and made his version of the third movie.

I believe both takes place in Vietnam, if my memory serves me right, hence "The Deer Hunter" comparison made by one of posters. Anyway that was how my Chinese friend, who introduced me to Hong Kong Cinema and Chow Yun Fat, explained it when he suggested that I watch "A Better Tomorrow" I, II and "A Bullet in the Head" as the trilogy and skip Tsui Hark's "A Better Tomorrow III."

Rino C

Agent
Oops. This was meant as a reply in Asian Cinema thread. Sorry. Can the administrator move it there?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks