What's new

80's Twilight Zone-do you remember this episode? (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
The episode aired around the Christmas season time. A deep space exploration team landed on a planet that had a long extinct race of beings that died during a supernova. That supernova turned out to be the bright star over Bethleham on Christmas eve.

That was a cool episode but the above was what I could remember. What was the name of that episode? I haven't had any luck in finding anything about the 80's series on the net.

Has this ever been in sydication or available on home video?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
A year or so ago, TNT had the "new" Zone episodes which I watched with glee but I never caught my fav show.
A bickering and down on their luck married couple are visited by what appears to be a salesman at their door.
He gives them a wooden box with a button on top. All they have to do is press the button and they'll get whatever it is they desire BUT someone, somewhere....a person they do not know, will die.
Well eventually they press the button and get their wish. The stranger shows up, congratulates them and takes the box back but before leaving, he tells them that he will visit somebody else and present them with the same offer and if they accept, somebody they don't know and who they have never met will die.....(kinda giving the impression that this couple are gonna meet an unfortunate ending.) Very cool episode, wish I could see it again after all these years.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Scott,

I recognize the story from a science fiction short story I read around 1960. I wish I could tell you the name or author, but I can't.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Although, a lot of the episodes were forgetable. Some were very good. I like the one where an descendent of John F.Kennedy goes back to the past and prevents him from being assassinated. This causes all kinds of temporal problems.

I really hope this show makes it to dvd. I don't know who owns the rights though.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I get a shiver when I think about this episode and I always like to tell the story at Christmas time. I did not know it was Arthur C. Clarke. I found this onwww.thetzsite.com.
P.S. Look at the cast of "But Can She Type?"
Mindy and Riker!
-----------------
Episode No. 13
Air Date: December 20, 1985
Night of the Meek
Teleplay by: Rockne S. O'Bannon
Based on a story by: Rod Serling
Directed by: Martha Coolidge
Music by: Morton Stevens
Starring: Richard Mulligan; William Atherton
Summary: A remake of the classic Twilight Zone episode.
But Can She Type?
Written by: Martin Pasko & Rebecca Parr
Directed by: Shelley Levinson
Starring: Pam Dawber; Jonathan Frakes
Summary: A broken photocopier inadvertently transports a harried secretary saddled with an incompetent, dictorial boss to a world where secretaries are on the top of the social pyramid.
The Star
Teleplay by: Alan Brennert
Based on a story by: Arthur C. Clarke
Directed by: Gerd Oswald
Music by: Morton Stevens
Starring: Fritz Weaver; Donald Moffat
Summary: In the future, a priest discovers that a star which went nova, destroying an advanced civilization, was the star that shone over Bethlehem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks