What's new

7.1 speaker placement question... (1 Viewer)

Lanny M

Agent
I'm considering adding the side surrounds to my current setup, but I have a placement problem. The entire right side of my listening position is open to the kitchen area.

I'm currently running 5.1, with the rears consisting of Paradigm Ref in-wall speakers mounted about 7 feet behind the listening position. My options for the side surround appear to be mounting another set of in-walls either in front or behind the listening position, or possibly trying the Paradigm Ref ADPs, a di-pole wall mount speaker. If I mount behind, the speakers will be located within 3 feet of the rears and about 3 feet behind the listening position. If I mount in front, the speakers will be about 6 feet in front of the listening position.

Does anyone have any experience with placements similar to this?

Thanks

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Sounds like I have the same setup as you. My LR is also open on the right side to the DR/kitch area. My front effect speakers are mounted directly to the wall behind the rest of the setup, which ends up about 2 feet from the ouside of the mains and 6 ft up. This also makes them 2 feet to the rear of the mains. I have had this config with my last 7.1 receiver and now my 8.1 receiver. Even though there is just a small signal going out to these effect speakers, I sure notice when they are turned off.

Some receivers have delay settings which would probably help solve any echoing or timing. Go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks