What's new

5/20 just got more expensive! (Disney animation) (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from dvdfile

Attention fans of classic Disney...there is a respite from all the direct-to-video hype! Mickey is finally digging into his vaults and pulling out some genuine classics. On May 20th, Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release seven great ones, including a couple of first-ever DVD debuts. Titles that are a part of the lineup include The Love Bug and The Rescuers (both new to DVD), Gold Collection reissues of The Aristocats, The Rescuers Down Under, Hercules and Pete's Dragon, and The Rookie. Watch this space for more details...

fantastic news indeed

:emoji_thumbsup:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Will the Gold Collection "reissues" be the same discs or will they have new features?

Pete's Dragon was shown in its premiere at 134 minutes, 6 minutes longer than the current DVD. Just thought someone should bring that up.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I should start eBaying my body parts now. On top of all the great releases that are already announced for 5/20, here's DVDFile's report:

On May 20th, Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release seven great ones, including a couple of first-ever DVD debuts. Titles that are a part of the lineup include The Love Bug and The Rescuers (both new to DVD), Gold Collection reissues of The Aristocats, The Rescuers Down Under, Hercules and Pete's Dragon, and The Rookie.
Hopefully the animated titles are Special Editions.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Check this thread:

"The Rescuers is the last unreleased Disney animated film..."

There is a discussion regarding these releases and others.

Edit: removed screwed up link.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my hope is they are oar unlike recent disney releases such as the computer wore tennis shoes, and absent minded prefessor. which also happpened to be colorized.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The Love Bug was supposed to be a Vault Disney title, but it looks like that line has been killed.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'd love to have The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under!
If I find them they will be mine. :)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Quite happy with the lovely 16x9 5.1 Pete's Dragon DVD we have now...but the extra 6 minutes interest me.

What I'm also wondering is if the re-release of Hercules will be 16x9 or just another rehash of the current 4x3 lbx version.

VERY happy to hear about the Rescuers. I'd love to get the soundtrack and have all the songs...including the "come along" song that is sung while the albatross is flying to the marsh. I get such a well of emotion and the fidelity on the laserdisc is limited to compressed mono but the audio quality of the other music from the film on the Disney-collection CDs is wonderful...so the music must have some great sound on the studio recordings.

We got a CD soundtrack for Pete's Dragon so there's luck!

-dave :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure the already-released titles are the same discs all over again. Basically because Disney's information doesn't say either way, and also because the existing listings refer to these as "Gold Collection" - same as before - and not "Special Edition" or anything else new. The cover art is the same and everything.

Sorry...I would have liked what you guys are asking for as well. I guess they are holding out on us for now. :frowning:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
But if they're the same, what's the point of these reissues? None are OOP, I believe. And did they already release the cover art? In any case, The Rescuers must surely be a SE.

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Hopefully, it will at least have the same specs as its Region 4 counterpart....

Water birds - A Walt Disney True Life Adventure
Cartoon Short - Three Blind Mousketeers
Sing-Along Song - "Someone's Waiting For You"
Toon Disney - Under The Hat Villians
THE RESCUERS Scrapbook
Set-Top-Game - The Ultimate Case

Debbie E

Stunt Coordinator
My first post in this forum :)

Finally! I've waited SO long for The Rescuers. Now all I need is Bambi and Song of the South and I'll have the three Disney movies I treasured as a child :D

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome Debbie.

Rescuers is a welcome addition. And a Song of the South would be cool as well is it was unedited. With Disney that seems highly unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks