What's new

24 -2/5/2002 The Plot thickens......... spoilers (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Another great episode. Jacks evading the cops, the entire telephone trace stint, jamies life or death, the new director, seeing one of the men behind the entire thing, and now jack posing as a limo driver. I WANT MORE :)

PS. Not to mention the entire palmer son coverup. Does anyone else actually think those guys are going to have his son killed

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Eh... not my favorite episode. Sure, it'll probably be the best hour of television I see this week, but tonight didn't have the tension I'm used to when watching 24 . But, just like in "The Phantom Menace," there was a lot of set-up in this episode and I'm very eager to find out what happens next!
Pieter

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
Isn't there a continuity problem here? At the end of last episode, when they found out that Jamey committed suicide, there was a phone call from Jamey's cell phone. This new episode started as if that did not happen.

Dan M~

Second Unit
The show is losing cohesion. Yes, last night was a "breather" night as far as action and they are setting up the next few shows, but...

(Maybe some spoilers if you have missed a show or two)

What happened to the shooter?? Did he just dissapear after the power plant? They spent alot of effort to get his ID/plastic surgery/gun in place. Is his cover blown?? Jack told the FBI about him didn't he? How about the FBI guy that Jack confided in, is he not persueing the kidnapped family angle... or did he just let it drop? Why is he not chasing down Jack? At least questioning the CTU team that turned him in? No one is finding the body's being left behind by these guys (plane crash, two girls who brought the ID for the shooter) Now the bad guy (Gaines?) has lost all control of the situation. Everything up to now has taken lots of planing and time to set up... now he's just going to "wing it"!? No plan B??? The ability to see through any survalence camera, at any building, street corner, parking garage is all the sudden gone? Was the whole plan based souly on Jamie feeding him the info? I feel the holes in the plot line that I have been able to ignore will grow so big that the whole show falls through them. I hope not, but...

-Dan M

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
Joey: I think they're going to have the therapist killed. They mentioned they were going to take care of the evidence, remember?

Dan: All Jack said was the real hitter was a photographer. He didn't know the photographer's name.

Let's see, there was only one body from the ladies who obtained the ID and that's in the middle of the desert. The plane crash was covered on television. There's people on the scene investigating the crash, but they're not important to the story right now.

And yes, Gaines is scrambling for control right now. He thinks he's got something to work with -- after all, he wants all that money.

Feng: Apparently, nobody ever picked up. He tried to make contact again near the end of the last episode. He probably thought she was in a meeting or couldn't come to the phone just then.

Butch C

Second Unit
Worst...episode...EVER!

So the bad guys hate Palmer and Bauer...and its personel...this definitly has something to do with the mission that Jack went on a few years ago

BTW what office has such inappropriate personel talk?

"Nina, you and Jack were together"

Come on! Is it corporate policy to rehash other peoples affairs?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This is the episode I was waiting for. They're broadening the scope of the show, so that we will learn about some of the motivations behind the assasination attempt and Jack's involvement. Gaines does not know the full picture.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Man, after three episodes based on pure adrenaline, its nice to have an episode that is slowly thickening the plot once again to try and add more to the mix. By far the best Tv show on right now.

Plus, the score was especially funky while Jack was chasing after "Ted Coffell." As always, can't wait til next week.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
With the beginning of the episode prior to this one (8 am -9am), I feel as though ACT 1 has come to a close. I think 9-10 is the best episode thus far, because it builds upon the characters and takes time to set up what is to come. It's how I always envisioned the show; one episode can serve the next, as opposed to serving itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks