20-39CS+ driven off of 5th channel of Parasound 2205A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Holland, May 17, 2002.

1. Chris Holland

Chris Holland Auditioning

Has anyone done anything similar to this? I am planning on driving my SVS 20-39CS+ with one channel of my Parasound 2205A amp. The other four channels in the amp will be there for surround duty. The front three will be powered by a Para 2003. Hopefully this would work out good. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

2. Alexis

Alexis Stunt Coordinator

They say if you don't have more than 300 watts into your SVS, you don't need the plus model...

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

How large is the room Chris?
    As Alexis mentioned, to realize the full benefits of the CS+ luneup will take about 400-500w. However,even with 250-300w the CS+ will still have some advantages over the 20-39cs. The 20-39CS+ will be a bit cleaner...and it will stay a bit flatter as the volume is increased. The IM distortion will also be lower with the CS+...but the audibility of all these factors will be dependent on the room/system settings/listener to a large degree. Another benefit of going with the CS+ lineup,you can always find a nice 500w/channel amp down the road an sale...and you'll definitely notice some performance improvements over a 20-39cs/300w combo then [​IMG]
    TV