What's new

10th Anniversary of Kurt Cobain's Death (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
It was 10 years ago today, April 5th 1994, that Kurt Cobain, frontman for Nirvana, killed himself.

I still remember hearing Smells Like Teen Spirit for the first time. It was like getting struck by a bolt of lightning. I knew right away that this was the kind of music I wanted to hear. No 80's hair metal or pop for me. I'm glad I was born when I was born (1979) because I was at the perfect age to be immersed in the world of grunge.

I'm going to listen to all of Nirvana's albums today to celebrate the short and tragic life of one of the most influential musicians of all time.

Kurt Cobain 1967-1994.

AricB

Second Unit
I celebrated by ordering a few of the live Pixies discs, Disclive.com is pre-selling for the upcoming reunion tour. Kurt would definitely want you to celebrate the reunion tour of one of his favorite and most influential bands for the Nirvana sound. :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I just recently got into Nirvana, and they have become my favorite band of all-time. It's so sad to see such a talented man have his life cut so short. I am doing what Zach is doing. I'm listening to every major Nirvana album (Bleach, Nevermind, Incesticide, In Utero, and Unplugged).

MTV2 is going to be airing a whole bunch of Nirvana specials tonight. The list is at this page.

[c]

"It's Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away" -Kurt Cobain[/c]

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Tony-B, you should check out some of the sites below if you have just gotten into Nirvana. There are oodles of songs that are available in trading circles that have never been released officially; of course, the sound quality varies and leaves a little to be desired.

www.livenirvana.com - I moderate the forum here, great information on live shows and studio sessions.

www.digitalnirvana.net - comprehensive bootography and discography. Lots of great information here.

www.nirvanaclub.com - the biggest Nirvana site out there. It is great, but since it is the most publicly noticed there is a lot of extra crap you have to dig through.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
OK Jeremy. I'll check out those sites. What's your username over at LN?

Actually, the first time I knowingly heard Nirvana was when You Know You're Right was released as a single, but I didn't hear stuff from Nevermind and In Utero until September or so last year. Now I am just getting into Bleach. Hey, at least I'm not part of the crowd who thinks Nirvana started with Nevermind. :)

Update on my Nirvana listening quest: I am currently on Pennyroyal Tea off of In Utero. So far, I have listened to Bleach, Nevermind, and part of In Utero. Next up is MTV Unplugged, and Incesticide, if there is time. I might have to push that back until tomorrow.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I confess - I was never a fan until the Unplugged disc won me over. Absolutely powerful stuff on there.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

Always hated MTV for rolling the credits over Where Did You Sleep Last Night, especially the last line in the song where he belts it out. Oh well, I've got the complete one now so I don't have to put up with that any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks