What's new

102 Dalmations lockup (1 Viewer)

John_F

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a small problem playing 102 Dalmations widescreen version. At the begining of the movie (after the opening credits/music), sometimes the player locks up: the picture freezes (like it has paused) and there is a BIG delay in responding to commands from the DVD remote. If I hit stop and play, the movie appears to play fine.

I have a Toshiba 4800, Denon 3803, and am playing the DTS track.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thank you,
John Flegert

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
This is a known problem with certain Toshiba players. It happened on my Toshiba SD-2108 and several other owners reported the same behavior. Same thing happens with THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE. It seems to be something about the Disney releases starting about that time (Spring 2001) that the Toshiba players didn't like.

There were threads on this back then but I think they're gone now - can't find them on a search.

I never resolved it on that player (I don't think Toshiba ever came out with newer firmware). I bought a Panasonic RP91 shortly thereafter since I wanted a progressive scan player anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks