What's new

1014 doesn't work with Dish Net. DVR!!! (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
The 1014 does not work with my Dish Network DVR. I have to use analog for audio. When i connect the digital fiber optic conection-nothing!!!

Anyone have a dish network receiver that does work???

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The digital incompatibility w/ Dish receivers and the 1014TX are pretty well documented. Do a search here and at AVS and you'll find plenty about it.

Bob.S

Auditioning
I have a Sony reciever (not sure on the model #, it is a 6.1 that is a couple years old) that works fine with the Dish PVR

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I've successfully used the digital connections from a Dish 501, a 721 and a 921 with a Denon 5700, an Outlaw 950 (although locking on the signal took about .5 sec.) and a Lexicon MC-8.

chrisCo

Grip
I have a one month old 1014 I purchased from One Call and Dish 522 DVR purchased off of ebay. I don't have this problem. I will mention that there is not alot of Dolby Digital programming offered by Dish so most everthing you watch will be set to stereo by the auto surround feature. I did PPV The Incredibles last weekend and the 5.1 sounded great. My kids have watched it about 5 times since so I've had ample opportunity to hear any problems. I was surprised that I did not see or hear any of the issues I've been reading about, no popping or chirping and the sound stayed synched with the video through the whole movie. My fiber optic cable is the cheap one from parts direct. I don't know if later units of either production run were changed to address the problem or if I'm just lucky. I'm also not seeing alot people with 1015's mentioning this as a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks