$1.00 IRS refund check

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Karl_Luph, May 10, 2003.

1. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

In the past couple of years I've received one of these, even though in those years I had to pay them. This year I made less and got back about $60.00, and the IRS sent another seperate $1.00 refund check in another envelope. Has this happened to any of y'all?

2. Dillon Poole

Dillon Poole Agent

Happened to me last year and my parents a few times...dunno, maybe its to make you feel like the government really is trying? lol

3. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

In Canada, the tax return form now says that differences of $2 or less in what you calculate as a payment or refund will not be charged or refunded.

The cost of government cutting a $1.00 check must be close to $300, considering what the army has been found to pay for hammers. [​IMG]

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Don't spend it all in one place.

5. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I have heard that by overpaying a traffic violation and never cashing the refund check, it will not appear on your record since it is not finalized by the admission of guilt (your payment says you were guilty and it's still hanging)
    Wonder if not cashing the refund will do something like that to their records??

6. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

7. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

> The cost of government cutting a $1.00 check must be close to $300, considering what the army has been found to pay for hammers.

If people used direct deposit, the overhead would be a lot less.

I've heard of people getting one $1 check, when that was the actual refund amount, but here it sounds like there were two separate checks.