What's new

$1.00 IRS refund check (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
In the past couple of years I've received one of these, even though in those years I had to pay them. This year I made less and got back about $60.00, and the IRS sent another seperate $1.00 refund check in another envelope. Has this happened to any of y'all?

Dillon Poole

Agent
Happened to me last year and my parents a few times...dunno, maybe its to make you feel like the government really is trying? lol

John Watson

Screenwriter
In Canada, the tax return form now says that differences of $2 or less in what you calculate as a payment or refund will not be charged or refunded.

The cost of government cutting a $1.00 check must be close to $300, considering what the army has been found to pay for hammers. :D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have heard that by overpaying a traffic violation and never cashing the refund check, it will not appear on your record since it is not finalized by the admission of guilt (your payment says you were guilty and it's still hanging)
Wonder if not cashing the refund will do something like that to their records??

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I have heard that by overpaying a traffic violation and never cashing the refund check, it will not appear on your record since it is not finalized by the admission of guilt (your payment says you were guilty and it's still hanging)
Wonder if not cashing the refund will do something like that to their records??

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The cost of government cutting a $1.00 check must be close to $300, considering what the army has been found to pay for hammers.

If people used direct deposit, the overhead would be a lot less.

I've heard of people getting one $1 check, when that was the actual refund amount, but here it sounds like there were two separate checks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks