-

Photo
- - - - -

Highend video games system

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 of 37 OFFLINE   DonJ

DonJ

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted December 10 2002 - 04:27 AM

Xbox would be the Highend video game system if there was one. It does everything great video games in dolby digital, dvds in DTS and Dolby also plays CD great. Progressive scan 8GB hard drive the ist goes on. Does it get any better than this?!
I'm still typing with a broke hand and it sucks.

#2 of 37 OFFLINE   Scott Falkler

Scott Falkler

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted December 10 2002 - 05:08 AM

It's all about the games.
I like all three systems for their own reasons.
(I still play NES games on my Dreamcast, so newer isn't always better for me!)

#3 of 37 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,145 posts

Posted December 10 2002 - 07:12 AM

The X-Box is the best based on specs (though there are some things the GameCube does better), but unlike DVD players and receivers it only plays games made for it, so you miss out on games for PlayStation 2, GameCube, and every other console that ever came out.

#4 of 37 OFFLINE   GlenHaag

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor

• 973 posts

Posted December 10 2002 - 08:58 AM

The exclusive games that each of the other consoles have to offer make it so that the Xbox isn't the best system that I own. They're all equally enjoyed in my home.

Glen

#5 of 37 OFFLINE   DonJ

DonJ

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted January 03 2003 - 10:32 AM

No system can compete plain and simple.

#6 of 37 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted January 03 2003 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
No system can compete plain and simple.

well after playing XBox, i think the GameCube is much better. i dont need my game system to play dvds, i have a seperate dvd player, as do most others. however, i dont try to pass my opinion off as fact, and niether should you. plain and simple.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#7 of 37 OFFLINE   liana

liana

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted January 04 2003 - 04:15 AM

I own all 3.

GC-I love my cube, but the reality is i will only buy certain titles. ie-zelda,metroid,mario.

PS2-Probably enjoys the most of my console time. Nice selection of games.

xbox-supports higher resolution with its games much better than ps2 does, and a bit better than the cube. if ps2 had all the great options this system had, i probably would get rid of my xbox. only game i really play is splinter cell. hopefully with the aquisition of Rare, more quality games will be coming out.

then there is my PC. ahhh. no system can ever touch it. nothing beats a good old objective match on MOHAA or some threewave CTF in q3a.

#8 of 37 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 04 2003 - 06:22 AM

Quote:
nothing beats a good old objective match on MOHAA
Amen bruthah. Posted Image If you see our server, =.FH.= Foxhounds be sure to come on in. I'm "THX."

I own all the next gen systems too and my Xbox gets the most play right now with 007 and Dead to Rights, which are both best on this system. But my PC is getting more play time than all of em.

#9 of 37 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 04 2003 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
Dead to Rights, which are both best on this system

I strongly disagree. D2R is a massive improvement on the PS2 & GC. All of the gameplay faults/complaints have been fixed.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#10 of 37 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 04 2003 - 12:23 PM

I just looked at the screenshots and it can't compare graphics-wise. I'll take your word for it on the gameplay side, though IGN states it's much easier on the PS2 & GC.

#11 of 37 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 04 2003 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
I just looked at the screenshots and it can't compare graphics-wise.

Fair enough.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#12 of 37 OFFLINE   DonJ

DonJ

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 07:42 AM

All you havee to do is look at the facts. I not going to sit here and name them all out because we all know them. Just in harware the Xbox does more than any other current game platform can do (besides a computer). Sorry this is FACT [rant]no other system has the capablities of the XBOX[/rant] plain and simple

#13 of 37 OFFLINE   Sean Cullen

Sean Cullen

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 08:19 AM

But does the X-Box have a handle? Nope.

Posted Image

#14 of 37 OFFLINE   Joel Mack

Joel Mack

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
All of the gameplay faults/complaints have been fixed.

Really? They deleted that stupid-ass prison level that made me return the game in the first place? Posted Image

Additionally, I really don't see why this thread was even started. Looks like flamebait to me.

#15 of 37 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
Really? They deleted that stupid-ass prison level that made me return the game in the first place? Posted Image

It's still there I'm afraid, but heavily tweaked Posted Image Seriously, D2R on the PS2/GC has a LOT of the "faults" fixed.

#16 of 37 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 12:14 PM

I have GC and Xbox and my brother has PS2 and all the games have great games for there system only. All worth owning

capt

#17 of 37 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
Sorry this is FACT no other system has the capablities of the XBOX plain and simple

what exactly are you trying to accomplish? ok bud, you win. my gamecube doesnt have a hard drive or a pentium processor. do we have to continue this conversation? your posts with horrible grammar are best kept off the screen. maybe its due to your 'broke' hand.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#18 of 37 OFFLINE   DonJ

DonJ

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
what exactly are you trying to accomplish? ok bud, you win. my gamecube doesnt have a hard drive or a pentium processor. do we have to continue this conversation? your posts with horrible grammar are best kept off the screen. maybe its due to your 'broke' hand.
I think sentences begin with capitals thanks. The funny thing is I looked at your website and you seem to do that all the time.

#19 of 37 OFFLINE   Travis Olson

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 02:47 PM

I think a mod should move this to the IGN boards.

#20 of 37 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 03:33 PM

Quote:
I think sentences begin with capitals thanks. The funny thing is I looked at your website and you seem to do that all the time.

what Travis said.

Back to Video Gaming

Forum Nav Content I Follow