What's new

Highend video games system (1 Viewer)

DonJ

Second Unit
Xbox would be the Highend video game system if there was one. It does everything great video games in dolby digital, dvds in DTS and Dolby also plays CD great. Progressive scan 8GB hard drive the ist goes on. Does it get any better than this?!

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
It's all about the games.
I like all three systems for their own reasons.
(I still play NES games on my Dreamcast, so newer isn't always better for me!)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The X-Box is the best based on specs (though there are some things the GameCube does better), but unlike DVD players and receivers it only plays games made for it, so you miss out on games for PlayStation 2, GameCube, and every other console that ever came out.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
The exclusive games that each of the other consoles have to offer make it so that the Xbox isn't the best system that I own. They're all equally enjoyed in my home.

Glen

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
No system can compete plain and simple.
well after playing XBox, i think the GameCube is much better. i dont need my game system to play dvds, i have a seperate dvd player, as do most others. however, i dont try to pass my opinion off as fact, and niether should you. plain and simple.

CJ

liana

Agent
I own all 3.

GC-I love my cube, but the reality is i will only buy certain titles. ie-zelda,metroid,mario.

PS2-Probably enjoys the most of my console time. Nice selection of games.

xbox-supports higher resolution with its games much better than ps2 does, and a bit better than the cube. if ps2 had all the great options this system had, i probably would get rid of my xbox. only game i really play is splinter cell. hopefully with the aquisition of Rare, more quality games will be coming out.

then there is my PC. ahhh. no system can ever touch it. nothing beats a good old objective match on MOHAA or some threewave CTF in q3a.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
nothing beats a good old objective match on MOHAA
Amen bruthah. :D If you see our server, =.FH.= Foxhounds be sure to come on in. I'm "THX."
I own all the next gen systems too and my Xbox gets the most play right now with 007 and Dead to Rights, which are both best on this system. But my PC is getting more play time than all of em.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I just looked at the screenshots and it can't compare graphics-wise. I'll take your word for it on the gameplay side, though IGN states it's much easier on the PS2 & GC.

DonJ

Second Unit
All you havee to do is look at the facts. I not going to sit here and name them all out because we all know them. Just in harware the Xbox does more than any other current game platform can do (besides a computer). Sorry this is FACT [rant]no other system has the capablities of the XBOX[/rant] plain and simple

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
All of the gameplay faults/complaints have been fixed.
Really? They deleted that stupid-ass prison level that made me return the game in the first place? ;)
Additionally, I really don't see why this thread was even started. Looks like flamebait to me.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I have GC and Xbox and my brother has PS2 and all the games have great games for there system only. All worth owning

capt

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Sorry this is FACT no other system has the capablities of the XBOX plain and simple
what exactly are you trying to accomplish? ok bud, you win. my gamecube doesnt have a hard drive or a pentium processor. do we have to continue this conversation? your posts with horrible grammar are best kept off the screen. maybe its due to your 'broke' hand.

CJ

DonJ

Second Unit
what exactly are you trying to accomplish? ok bud, you win. my gamecube doesnt have a hard drive or a pentium processor. do we have to continue this conversation? your posts with horrible grammar are best kept off the screen. maybe its due to your 'broke' hand.
I think sentences begin with capitals thanks. The funny thing is I looked at your website and you seem to do that all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks